What can AI do in terms of sound processing and even to write music?
Opinions are split on the matter of how necessary it is to use AI in different segments of artistic forms that represent the expression of the creator through certain artistic forms (dance, music, poetry, etc.). Ultimately a composition, a literary work, means a way of expressing the individual interior to the exterior through some facts, feelings that are filtered by the artist and expressed differently even though the broader context is similar. At least from the perspective of the creation processes. From the perspective of business and the success of the ‘final product’ – if it sells and it brings revenue, will the investor ask if that was created by a human, an AI, or through some kind of joint collaboration? – and where the artist’s work starts, and where AI kicks in, and so on?
Taking into perspective the process of creation, there are elements that differentiate us from each other and trigger us to make the same text, the same musical notes sound different and evoke different emotions. For example, piano players interpret the same music differently. The same context will inspire composers differently – due to different internal filtering systems, emotions, and/or background history that will evoke different interpretations translated into music.
So, how will AI interpret music, how will AI compose music? Should we be happy or sad that AI is trying to assert itself in several fields or to make itself useful?
Till we’ll be able to answer these questions, let’s make a brief description for some of our AI-friends, AI- collaborators or AI-co-creators for some artists (AI-enemies for other artists), AIs that want to make a career in sound and music.
AI can compose and generate music in various styles and genres. There are AI programs that use algorithms and machine learning to analyze patterns in existing music and generate new compositions based on those patterns.
These AI systems can also learn from human feedback on their compositions and improve their output over time. Additionally, AI can assist human composers and provide suggestions for chord progressions, melodies, and other composition elements. However, some argue that AI-generated music lacks the emotional depth and subtle nuances that can only be achieved by human composers.
AI can be used for various tasks related to sound processing. Some examples include:
- Speech Recognition: AI can be used to accurately transcribe human speech from audio recordings or live audio streams.
- Noise Reduction: AI can be used to remove unwanted background noise from audio recordings or live audio feeds, making it easier to hear the desired sounds.
- Virtual Assistants: AI-powered virtual assistants can listen to and respond to voice commands, making it easier for people to interact with computers and other devices without using a keyboard or mouse.
- Music Classification: AI can be used to classify different types of music based on their audio features, such as rhythm, melody, and harmony.
- Audio Generation: AI can be used to generate original music, sound effects, and voiceovers based on certain parameters or inputs.
1. Enote What is Enote? Professional scores. Powerful features. Unlimited access. Enote is sheet music for the 21st century. The Enote library has thousands of works from the baroque to the late romantic era, reconstructed in a reliable digital format..
2. Wavtool Tool generates music based on text promt. The principle of working with WavTool is simple and clear. The bot writes music for you. You command him what needs to be removed, added or changed.
3. VALL-E It translates your speech into another language in live mode and voices it with your own voice while preserving emotions.
4. AIVA the algorithms of the service allow you to compose music in a certain genre with the right emotions.
5. Riffusion based on a text query, it is able to give you music.
6. Musiio scans the track and a search for similar music.
7. AUDIO STUDIO Service will help you remove background noise from your recording and even correct your voice.
8. Cyanite Cyanite offers intuitive AI tools for sorting, searching, and matching songs to enable rights owners to take full control of their repertoire.
9. RESEMBLE AI quickly generates a voice-based recording of a real person. Useful in voice acting.
10. Voicebooking is an online platform that provides professional voice-over services for a variety of projects such as commercials, e-learning modules, videos, and other multimedia applications.